We are an ambitious business looking for reliable, enthusiastic and passionate people to join our growing team.
If you have experience in Food Production or Manufacturing or would like to be involved in a company that's looking to save the planet, one pea-protein product at a time, then get in touch.
You'll find more details of our specific vacancies below.
Job Title: Extrusion Operative
Reporting to: Production Manager
Location: Novo Farina, 11 Francis Way, Bowthorpe, Norwich. NR5 9JA
Terms: Permanent I Full Time. Probation period 3 months.
Salary & Package:
- Competitive salary dependent on experience.
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays.
- Company Pension
- Free onsite parking.
About Novo Farina
Novo Farina are a pioneering British manufacturer of plant-based protein alternatives and free from ingredients. We produce an innovative range of texturised vegetable protein, gluten free crumb and flour using 100% yellow peas. Our innovative high protein ingredients are designed to deliver on taste, texture and versatility whilst being kinder on the planet. Perfect for vegan, vegetarian, flexitarian, free-from and meat reduction diets, our range caters for the needs of foodservice industries and food manufacturers.
We are looking for an experienced Extrusion Operator to join our growing team and play a key role in existing production and new product development.
The role requires someone with food manufacturing qualifications, food industry experience, a ‘hands-on’ attitude and team player mentality. This person will be instrumental in our production processes and provide expert extrusion manufacturing support.
This position is fundamental to daily production, supporting with product development, cleaning and maintenance of machines and factory, product preparation, packing and factory excellence.
- Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Manufacture of products following Company processes
- Ability to operate and adjust settings on food processing machinery, in particular an extruder and to strip down, reassemble and set up machinery following cleaning
- Ensuring factory standards are maintained to BRCGS Food Standards
- Work with Production and Technical team to develop new products and refine processes
- Completion of production and cleaning records
- Liaising with the Novo Farina management team, suppliers and contractors
- Commitment to the Company’s BRCGS accreditation
- Working in collaboration and supporting Technical Manager with upholding factory standards and procedures, and providing product development support.
- Commitment to continuous improvement in Food Standards and product quality.
Locations & Commitments
- Permanent, full-time role.
- Core working hours will be 37.5 hours a week, Monday – Friday. Shift hours to be agreed, with 30 minutes break.
- We are currently operational 8am-4pm but shift patterns will be implemented so willingness and flexibility to work nights and weekends are preferred, and some overtime will be required.
- Production site located in Bowthorpe Industrial Estate, Norwich.
- Successful candidate will be required to complete a 3 month probationary period.
- Food Production or equivalent qualifications/experience.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in food production.
- Personable demeanour willing to be flexible, perform hands-on work as well as supervisory and administration tasks within a team and alone.
- Confident in communication skills.
- Familiarity with food industry accreditations and regulations e.g. BRCGS, HACCP.
- Attention to detail for completion of production and cleaning records, work to tight deadlines, can work alone and within a team.
- Physically fit and able to lift 20kg bags of products.
- Ability to work overtime as required.
- Full driving licence.
- Authorisation to work in the UK.
- Required language English.
Contact us to apply
Interested in a fantastic opportunity to become part of our team and join our innovative and progressive food manufacturing business? To apply for this role please send your CV and a covering letter introducing yourself and why you’d be a great fit for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org