Award Winning Ingredient
A distinctive and innovative ingredient
We were delighted winners at this year's Food Matters Live Awards 2018 where our novofarina gluten free crumb picked up the prestigious Best New Ingredient Award.
In spring 2018 Novo Farina launched its new and exciting range of great tasting healthy extruded crumb that is naturally high in protein, high in fibre, gluten-free and offers a highly versatile and taste-neutral suite of crumb grades for food developers targeting the increasing numbers who wish to reduce or remove gluten from their diet, such as Coeliacs, those with food allergies, the health conscious, people following a vegan diet, or increasingly, those who want an alternative plant-based protein diet.
A distinctive and innovative ingredient, the novofarina crumb is:
- Naturally gluten free
- High in protein and dietary fibre
- A good source of essential vitamins and minerals
- Taste-neutral flavour from a proprietary natural process
- Clean label, only ingredient – novofarina pea flour
- Ideal coating for meat, fish and vegetables
- Suitable for frying, grilling & baking giving a golden colour and crispy bite
- Light, flaky, airy texture allowing a Panko style
- Low oil pick-up
- Available in multiple breadcrumb sizes
From Pea Semolina and panko style to large ball sized pieces, novofarina crumb is ideal for coatings, a binder in burgers, meatballs & sausages, and as a meat analogue for vegan and vegetarian meat substitutes. It can also be used as a crouton, snack and cereal ingredient and is available in retail packs through to bulk bag sizes.