Gluten Free Vegan Burger
- 1 pot of carlin peas with perks Bace Foods
- 60g novofarina breadcrumbs
- 50g brazil nuts, finely chopped
- 1 dessertspoon jerk seasoning
- 1 tblsp ground flaxseed & 3 tblsp water (or 1 egg)
- Flour for dusting
- Oil for brushing
- Start by combining the flaxseed and water. Let it sit until it gels.
- Mix the carlin peas with perks, breadcrumbs, brazil nuts, jerk seasoning and flaxseed mixture. Mash some of the peas as you combine.
- Place in the fridge to firm up.
- Using floured hands form the mixture into 4 burgers (about 130g each).
- Dust with flour and place on a plate. Return to the fridge until needed.
- Preheat oven to 200c/Gas 6.
- Place burgers on an oiled baking sheet. Lightly brush the tops and sides with oil.
- Place in the oven for 30 mins, turning halfway through cooking time.
SERVES: 4 PREP TIME: 20 MINS (CHILL TIME: 1 HR) COOKING TIME: 30 MINS