Prep time 20 minutes
Cooking time 20 minutes
- 300g boiled potatoes, diced
- 300g boiled carrots, diced
- 300g cooked peas
- 500g dry Pea Protein Chunks, soaked for 10 minutes in 1L of cold water (Drain off excess water before use)
- 300g bechamel sauce – see page 20
- 300g grated cheddar cheese (or vegan cheese)
- 1 tsp turmeric
- Salt and pepper to seaso
- 20 puff pastry rounds – 14cm in diameter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Vegetable oil for cooking
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
Roughly chop the hydrated Pea Protein Chunks into smaller pieces.
In a large mixing bowl add all the filling ingredients, stir to combine and season to taste with salt and pepper.
Lay out the pastry rounds and divide the mix between them all, leaving a gap around the edge of each circle.
Brush the edges with a little of the beaten egg and fold each pasty in half over the filling to create a semi-circle, pressing the edges together to seal.
Place on non-stick baking sheets, brush with a little more beaten egg and cut 2-3 small slits in the top of each one to allow the steam to escape as they cook.
Cook in the oven for about 20 minutes until golden brown.
Skin on potato wedges I Mixed steamed vegetables