Prep time 20 minutes
Cooking time 35 minutes
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 onions, chopped
- 3 carrots, diced
- 3 mixed peppers, deseeded and diced
- 30g chopped garlic
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp chilli flakes
- 2 tsp ground coriander
- 2 tsp paprika
- 2 bay leaves
- 2.5kg tinned chopped tomatoes
- 2.5kg tinned kidney beans, drained and rinsed thoroughly
- 1kg dry Pea Mince, soaked for 20 minutes in 2.6L of boiling water or stock
- 50g fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 50g flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to season
- 24 large tortilla wraps (20cm diameter),
In a large saucepan heat the oil over a medium heat, add the onions, carrots, peppers, garlic and chillies cook for 10-15 minutes until softened.
Add the spices and bay leaves and cook for a further 2 minutes, before adding the chopped tomatoes.
Bring to a simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
Add the kidney beans, hydrated pea mince, coriander and parsley.
Season to taste with salt and pepper and simmer for a further 10 minutes.
Remove from the heat, remove the bay leaves and divide the mix between pre-warmed wraps then roll each wrap to close and serve immediately.
Spicy potato wedges I Homemade vegan coleslaw