Prep time 25 minutes
Cooking time 30 minutes
- 10 mixed peppers
- 2 red onions, chopped
- 20g chopped garlic
- 3 tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 3 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 1kg cooked brown rice
- 400g can kidney beans, drained and rinsed thoroughly
- 500g dry Pea Mince, soaked for 20 minutes in 1.3L of boiling water or stock
- 50g fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 50g flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to season
Preheat the oven to 175 degrees
Halve and deseed the peppers and place cut side up on oiled baking sheets.
Heat 4 tbsps vegetable oil in a large pan over a medium heat, add the onions, garlic and chopped tomatoes and cook for 10 minutes until softened.
Add the smoked paprika and turmeric and cook for a further 2 minutes.
Add the remaining ingredients, stir well to combine, season to taste with salt and pepper and remove from the heat.
Divide the mix between the pepper halves and cook in the oven for 25-30 minutes until the peppers are tender.
Sauteed potatoes I Green beans