Prep time: 25 minutes
Cooking time: 55 minutes
- 3 butternut squash, chopped into chunks
- 3 courgettes, chopped into chunks
- 6 mixed peppers, halved and deseeded
- 6 red onions, sliced
- 40g chopped garlic
- 80g chopped ginger
- 2 red chillies, deseeded and finely chopped
- 80g lemongrass, finely chopped
- 400g tin tomatoes
- 2tsp turmeric
- 750ml vegetable stock
- 2 litres coconut milk
- 2kg dry Pea Protein Chunks, soaked for 10 minutes in 4L of cold water (drain off excess water before use)
- 500g fresh spinach
- 100g fresh coriander, finely chopped
- 2tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground black pepper
- Vegetable oil for cooking
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Halve and deseed the butternut squash, cut into small chunks and place on baking trays. Toss in vegetable oil, season with salt and pepper and roast for 15 minutes.
Cut the courgettes and peppers into chunks, add to the butternut squash and roast for a further 30 minutes.
Meanwhile heat 4 tbsp vegetable oil in a large stock pot over a medium heat, add the onions, garlic and ginger, chillies and lemongrass and cook for 15 minutes until softened and starting to brown.
Add the tomatoes, turmeric, vegetable stock, coconut milk and hydrated Pea Protein Chunks to the pan and simmer for 15 minutes.
Once the roasted vegetables are cooked, add to the stock pot along with the spinach and coriander, season with salt and pepper and simmer for a final 10 minutes.
Turmeric rice I Cucumber and mint salad